Pada artikel ini kami akan menjelaskan cara upgrade 32 bit ke 64 bit windows 7 Kamu bisa cek penjelasan lengkap dari kami. Karena kebetulan kami pernah mengalaminya dan ingin sharing di artikel ini.
Can you upgrade Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit?
It’s no surprise that many users want to upgrade Windows 7 32-bit to 64 bit and you can safely upgrade it without losing any data if your computer is compatible with 64-bit operating system. The benefits of using a 64-bit operating system are most apparent in performance when you have a large amount of random access memory (RAM) installed on your computer, typically 4 GB of RAM, up to 16 TB. However, the maximum RAM limit for Windows 7 32-bit is 4GB.
Here is an example from Microsoft.
“I’m running windows 7 32 bit but I want to upgrade to 64 bit. And I want to keep all my data and software safe. Can I upgrade Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit without losing data? Will this cost me anything or is my product key still valid for windows 7 64 bit?”
However, in all versions or editions of Windows (XP/Vista/7/8/10, Home/Pro/Ultimate/Enterprise), there is no “Upgrade” option that can directly upgrade Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit. The only way is to clean install a 64-bit operating system.
As you may know, the clean install process will delete all the installed programs and personal data etc, leaving only a fresh version of Windows. That’s what users don’t want to see. To avoid data loss during the process, it’s suggested to backup files to external hard drive in advance.
Step 1: Check the current hardware’s compatibility
Before you upgrade Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit, you need to check the hardware compatibility of your computer first. It can help you to know if you are able to upgrade.
Check system type of your computer
To make sure you can successfully clean install Windows 7 64 bit, the first thing is to check the system type of your computer. If the system type is x64-based PC, you can upgrade Windows 7 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit. If the system is x84-based PC, you cannot upgrade your Windows.
To check system type:
1. Open the Start menu.
2. Search for System Information and press Enter.
3. Look for System Type. If the system type is x64-based PC, you can upgrade Windows 7 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit. If the system is x84-based PC, you cannot upgrade your Windows.
Note: The system stype can also be displayed as follow. You just need to check if your computer supports 64 bit processor. If it is, you can perform Windows 7 32 bit upgrade to 64 bit. • 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor • 32-bit operating system, x64-based processor • 32-bit operating system, x86-based processor
Verify CPU and driver compatibility
To further determine that you can upgrade Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit without format, you need to verify CPU compatibility and driver compatibility.
To check CPU compatibility, you can download Coreinfo from Microsoft, then see if the processor include Physical Address Extension (PAE), No-eXecute (NX), Streaming SIMD Extensions 2 (SSE2), CMPXCHG16b (CX16). To make it, type coreinfo in the command line window and press Enter, then hit Ctrl + F and type PAE, NX, SSE2, CX16 one by one.
To check driver (eg: graphics and sound cards) compatibility, you can go to device manufacturer support website and see if you can find 64-bit versions of the drivers.
After checking these compatibility, you may already know if your computer is compatible with Windows 7 64-bit system. If it is, please continue to see below and learn how to upgrade Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit without losing data.
Step 2: Backup files to external hard drive to prevent data loss
Backing up files to an external hard drive is a necessary way to ensure you can perform Windows 7 32 bit upgrade to 64 bit without losing data. Well now you just need the best free backup software – AOMEI Backupper Standard for help.
By using it, you can enable its File Backup feature to backup any files or folders you want to an image file and save it to any storage device, such as, external hard drive, USB flash drive, network drive, cloud drive, NAS, etc. Then, you can restore files from backup after upgrading Windows 7 32 bit to Windows 7 64 bit.
In addition, you can still use it to continuously protect data in Windows 7 64-bit. It supports daily/weekly/monthly schedule backup to help you backup files regularly. But as time goes by, you will have more and more backups, eventually resulting in backup disk full issue. In this case, you can use its incremental backup feature to backup only changed files, which greatly improves this issue.
Then, please download this software to a have a try! Also, an external hard drive with enough disk space is required to store backup images.
1. launch AOMEI Backupper Standard, then you will see its deep-blue interface. Click Backup > File Backup subsequently.
2. Click Add Folder or Add Files to select what you want to backup. Then, click the folder-shaped button to select the external hard drive as backup destination.
3. Confirm this operation and click Start Backup to backup files to external hard drive in Windows 7.
Step 3: Upgrade Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit free (Clean Install)
To ensure Windows 7 32 bit can be upgraded to 64 bit, you need an installation media for assistance. Therefore, please create an installation media for Windows first, and then clean install 64-bit operating system with given steps.
Create Windows 7 installation media
To create Windows 7 installation media, you need to prepare the following three things first. ① Windows 7 64 bit ISO image files. If you do not have it, you can download it from Microsoft Store. ② A flash drive with 5GB at least. It’s used to save your ISO image files. And you can take it everywhere, because it’s very portable. ③ Windows 7 USB DVD download tool. This tool is used to burn ISO image file to your USB flash drive.
Then, let’s get started to burn ISO image files to USB flash drive with this tool.
1. Open Windows 7 USB DVD download tool, click Browse to find your ISO image files, then click Next.
2. Choose USB as your media type.
3. Insert USB flash drive and select it, then click Begin copying. And this tool will format your USB flash drive first, then create a bootable USB device. Thus, you need to backup USB first if there is something important.
Upgrade Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit step by step
1. Plug in your USB flash drive and set boot priority to this drive in BIOS, then restart your computer and press any key to boot from it.
2. Wait for Windows 7 installation files to load, then you will see the main interface. Set up the language and other preferences, and click Install Now in the next window.
3. Accept the license terms and click Next.
4. Select Windows 7 installation type: Custom.
5. Click Drive Options and then Delete to delete system partition & other operating system related partition. After that, select the unallocated space and use it to install 64-bit Windows 7.
Notes: ★ If the system partition is big enough to install Windows 7 64 bit, you do not need to delete system partition and other operating system-related partitions. You can use the existing system partition to clean install your Windows. ★ The previous Windows is stored on Windows.old folder on the current system partition, it gives you a chance to restore Windows from it and go back to previous status.
Step 4: Activate Windows 7 64 bit to reuse product key
It’s said, if the product key was already activated in Windows 7 32-bit, you need to activate the 64 bit versions of Windows 7 by phone. Below are the steps for it.
1. Type slui.exe in the search box and hit Enter.
2. Click Show me other ways to activate now in the Windows activation interface.
3. Click Use the automated phone system.
4. Select the nearest location and click Next.
5. Get the confirmation ID by the given phone number, and then enter the installation ID and confirmation ID. After that, click Next to start the activation process.
Step 5: Restore files from backup with AOMEI Backupper
Now, you may already upgrade Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit successfully, then want to get your files or folders back. Launch the free backup software again, click Restore and Select Image Files to locate backup image, then follow the on-screen instructions to finish all the rest of steps.
For detailed steps, you can refer to: 3 Ways to Restore Files from Windows 10/8/7 Backup.
Does this work for upgrading 32 bit to 64 bit in Windows 10?
Except for upgrading Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit without losing data, some users still want to upgrade Windows 10 32 bit to 64 bit. Then, does this work for Windows 10 upgrades? The answer is YES, no matter what operating system you are currently using, you can only clean install a 64 bit version of Windows. The core factors are below:
- Check if your Windows 10 is compatible with 64 bit system.
- Backup files with AOMEI Backupper Standard. This software applies to all Windows systems, including Windows 11/10/8/7/XP/Vista.
- Create a bootable disk with Media Creation Tool and install Windows 10 bit just as in Windows 7. And you need to restore files you backup before.
- Activate the license key using phone if necessary. You can refers to official method provided by Microsoft.
In sum, the steps are almost the same, except for the way to create installation media. If you are currently using Windows 10, follow the steps below:
1. Connect a USB drive with at least 8GB of available space.
2. Go to Microsoft’s Windows 10 download page and download the Media Creation Tool by clicking the Download tool now button.
3. Double-click the MediaCrationTool.exe file to open Windows 10 Setup window. Read the license terms and click Accept.
4. Tick Create installation media for another PC in the following window. Then click Next.
5. Select language and other preferences, and select your USB drive as prompted. Remember to click Next in each step.
The way forward
Clean Install is the only way to upgrade Windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit. If you don’t want to lose any data during the process, please backup files to an external hard drive with the best free backup software – AOMEI Backupper Standard.
Also, it is suggested to keep this software installed on your Windows 7 64 bit system. With its excellent features, you can always keep the latest backup versions as well as helps to alleviate or completely resolve the backup disk space full issue due to accumulated backups.
The best way to free up disk space is to delete old backup images with its Backup Scheme feature. It is available on the professional version at least. To unlock it, please upgrade to AOMEI Backupper Professional.
Top 18 cara upgrade 32 bit ke 64 bit windows 7 menjelaskan Nha Xinh
Determine whether your computer is running a 32-bit or a 64-bit edition of Windows
- Penulis: helpx.adobe.com
- Tanggal Terbit: 11/11/2022
- Ulasan: 4.83 (737 vote)
- Ringkasan: Identify 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Windows 7 and Vista · If the Control Panel is in a category view, then click System And Maintenance. On …
[New] How to Install and Run 64 Bit Programs on 32 Bit Windows 11/10/8/7
- Penulis: easeus.com
- Tanggal Terbit: 05/26/2022
- Ulasan: 4.39 (486 vote)
- Ringkasan: 1. Download and Install 32-bit Programs, Open Windows Store and search the programs…Full steps · 2. Upgrade Windows from 32-Bit to 64-Bit …
- Hasil pencarian yang cocok: In this case, you can try this way out – to convert the 32-bit operating system to 64-bit. After this, you can install and run the 64-bit programs. Now, you may go through the following two phases to convert and upgrade your Windows 7/8/10 from 32 …
Can I Upgrade To Windows 10 64-bit From Windows 7/8.1 32-bit
- Penulis: intowindows.com
- Tanggal Terbit: 06/15/2022
- Ulasan: 4.3 (580 vote)
- Ringkasan: The answer is NO. One can’t perform an in-place or direct upgrade from 32-bit Windows 7/Windows 8.1 to 64-bit Windows 10. In simple …
Cara Upgrade dari Windows 10 versi 32-bit ke 64-bit
- Penulis: winpoin.com
- Tanggal Terbit: 02/09/2022
- Ulasan: 4.18 (323 vote)
- Ringkasan: Upgrade dari 32-bit ke 64-bit · Buka halaman download Microsoft. · Kemudian klik opsi Download tool now untuk download Media Creator Tool (MCT).
- Hasil pencarian yang cocok: Jika kamu sudah melakukan semua diatas dan hasilnya semua mendukung sistem operasi versi 64-bit, maka kamu dapat langsung upgrade ke 64-bit. Tetapi perlu diketahui, bahwa tidak ada opsi untuk upgrade ke 64-bit seperti pada kasus ketika menginstall …
Cara Upgrade Windows 10 32-bit (X64) ke 64-bit (X86)
- Penulis: ofamni.com
- Tanggal Terbit: 12/03/2022
- Ulasan: 3.84 (208 vote)
- Ringkasan: Membuat Media instalasi Windows 10 · Hubungkan USB drive/Flashdisk/Hardisk Eksternal dengan minimal kapasitas 4GB yang tersedia. · Klik tombol Download tool now …
- Hasil pencarian yang cocok: Kemudian pada System Summary, silahkan melihat daftar System Type. Jika di daftar itu terlampir bahwa X86 Basic-PC. Maka komputer Anda mendukung 64-bit. Tapi jika terlampir X64, maka itu berarti hanya mendukung 32-bit yang juga mengartikan komputer …
How to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7
- Penulis: pureinfotech.com
- Tanggal Terbit: 10/05/2022
- Ulasan: 3.79 (568 vote)
- Ringkasan: Processor: 1GHz or faster CPU or System on a Chip (SoC). · RAM: 1GB requirement for 32-bit or 2GB for 64-bit. · Hard drive: 32GB clean install or …
- Hasil pencarian yang cocok: It is also a good idea to uninstall any security software (such as antivirus, security tools, and old third-party programs) that may prevent the successful upgrade to Windows 10. It would also help if you disconnected any hardware connected to the …
Switching your Windows 7 Install Between 64-bit and 32-bit (x64 and x86)
- Penulis: raymond.cc
- Tanggal Terbit: 11/28/2022
- Ulasan: 3.51 (368 vote)
- Ringkasan: Windows 7 comes in two flavors, 32bit and 64bit. … Here we show you the how to downgrade Windows 7 to 32-bit or upgrade to 64-bit if you want.
- Hasil pencarian yang cocok: Unless you have a Windows 7 DVD from a retailer, you will need to either download and burn the correct edition ISO for your needs or remove the ei.cfg file from an ISO file you already have to create a universal edition of the Windows 7 installation …
How to know if my computer is 32-bit or 64-bit Windows
- Penulis: support.lenovo.com
- Tanggal Terbit: 11/20/2022
- Ulasan: 3.26 (528 vote)
- Ringkasan: The 64-bit version of Windows handles large amounts of random access memory (RAM) more effectively than a 32-bit system. Operating Systems. Windows 7; Windows 8 …
Cara Upgrade Windows 10 32-bit ke Windows 11 64-bit GRATIS
- Penulis: aplikasipc.com
- Tanggal Terbit: 02/15/2022
- Ulasan: 3.1 (210 vote)
- Ringkasan: Salah satu syarat paling utama ialah prosesor yang Anda gunakan harus mendukung arsitektur 64-bit karena Microsoft tidak merilis Windows 11 versi 32-bit. Lalu, …
How Do I Know if Im Running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows?
- Penulis: howtogeek.com
- Tanggal Terbit: 03/03/2022
- Ulasan: 2.86 (69 vote)
- Ringkasan: If you’re using Windows 7 or Windows Vista, hit Start, right-click “Computer,” and then choose “Properties.” On the “System” page, look for the …
Bagaimana saya bisa mengubah Windows 7 32 bit menjadi 64 bit tanpa memformat?
- Penulis: newslinn.com
- Tanggal Terbit: 11/25/2022
- Ulasan: 2.88 (193 vote)
- Ringkasan: Buka Pengaturan > Sistem > Perbarui & Keamanan > Aktivasi. Layar ini berisi tipe sistem Anda. Jika Anda melihat “sistem operasi 32-bit, prosesor …
- Hasil pencarian yang cocok: Ya, kurangnya kemampuan untuk mem-boot atau menjalankan file 64-bit. Dalam semua hal, pada dasarnya tidak mungkin untuk menjalankan instruksi 64-bit pada perangkat keras 32-bit, dan sementara Windows 64-bit dapat memiliki beberapa file 32-bit, …
How to Tell if You Have Windows 64-Bit or 32-Bit
- Penulis: lifewire.com
- Tanggal Terbit: 09/28/2022
- Ulasan: 2.7 (133 vote)
- Ringkasan: For Windows 10, 8 & 7, go to Control Panel > System and Security > System. Check System type. Windows Vista is similar, but go to Control Panel …
How to Upgrade 32 Bit to 64 Bit in Win10/8/7 without Data Loss [MiniTool Tips]
- Penulis: minitool.com
- Tanggal Terbit: 06/10/2022
- Ulasan: 2.68 (133 vote)
- Ringkasan: If you are running the 32-bit version of Windows 10/8/7, you can upgrade to the 64-bit version and no new license is required. But you should …
- Hasil pencarian yang cocok: If you want to actually use more than 4GB of RAM resources, probably you need a 64-bit version of Windows. With the additional access to memory, you can run more apps simultaneously and improve performance. And the system improves productivity with …
How to Migrate Windows 10 Tablet from 32-bit to 64-bit
- Penulis: 4winkey.com
- Tanggal Terbit: 06/04/2022
- Ulasan: 2.59 (182 vote)
- Ringkasan: Install Windows 10 with 64-bit processor ; Settings > ; Update & security > ; Windows Update to download the latest updates and drivers. If some of the drivers are …
- Hasil pencarian yang cocok: We suggest you back up your important files, photos, music, and other files to an external drive or cloud, as the process will erase all files and settings. You can also use Windows Care Genius to create a system restore point. Click Backup button, …
Cara Mengganti Windows 32 Bit X86 menjadi 64 Bit X64
- Penulis: bamai.uma.ac.id
- Tanggal Terbit: 05/22/2022
- Ulasan: 2.29 (145 vote)
- Ringkasan: Cara membuat Instalasi Windows 64-Bit (X64) … Klik tombol “Download Tools”, lalu simpan file “Media Creation Tool” di folder yg praktis Anda …
- Hasil pencarian yang cocok: Untuk mengetahui ini, Anda hanya perlu melihat “system information” dari personal komputer . Caranya tekan tombol “Windows + I” pada keyboard atau dengan mengetikkan system information dari kolom start sajian. Dari sini, Anda relatif melihat pada …
How to Upgrade Windows 7 From 32 Bit to 64 Bit
- Penulis: windowsreport.com
- Tanggal Terbit: 01/06/2023
- Ulasan: 2.21 (127 vote)
- Ringkasan: You can either download Windows 7 ISO files or insert the 64-bit windows installation disk in the DVD ROM then Restart the PC. · Press any key to …
How to determine if you have a 32-bit or 64-bit CPU
- Penulis: computerhope.com
- Tanggal Terbit: 02/06/2022
- Ulasan: 2.13 (156 vote)
- Ringkasan: Apple macOS. Linux. Windows 8, 10, and 11. See the following steps to determine your CPU type and how many bits the processor …
- Hasil pencarian yang cocok: Look for “lm” in the command output. If lm is found in the output, then the CPU is 64-bit. If you don’t see lm or see i386, i486, i586, or i686 in the output, then the CPU is 32-bit. Below is an example output of the command above with lm in the …
How to upgrade from 32Bit (x86) to 64Bit (x64) Windows 7
- Penulis: microcenter.com
- Tanggal Terbit: 03/05/2022
- Ulasan: 2.05 (200 vote)
- Ringkasan: The only way to install x64-based Windows 7 on an existing 32-bit Windows installation (or vice versa to downgrade from 64-bit to 32-bit OS), is to do a clean …
- Hasil pencarian yang cocok: A direct upgrade from 32-bit (x86-based) Windows 7 to 64-bit (x64-based) Windows 7 OS is not a supported upgrade path. When you try to run the 64bit setup.exe Windows 7 installer from within a 32bit operating system, the following error message will …